Penang - April 2013

by - 5:12 PM

I'm dead tired today.  Went to Penang (a state around 4 hours away from Kuala Lumpur by car in North Malaysia) on the weekends.  We shoot of right after work on Friday and safely arrived  at Traders Hotel Penang around 12.30am

Hotel lobby on Saturday morning.  Pretty sure this is the only picture I took.


We decided ask Mr Google to find any famous local breakfast around our hotel since this is the first time I stayed around Georgetown.  

Toh Soon Cafe at Campbell Street :

This is what we came to
We had to share a table with 1 chinese couple because this place was too crowded and there were no empty table even after 10 minutes of waiting.  Errmmm this is a sign of good food!  

The bread here are special because they still using charcoal to toast them 



After breakfast, we went back to the hotel to take shower and get ready.  Headed to Gurney Plaza to do some shopping.

OOTD on Saturday

Cheese Raviolli and Beef Cabonara at Michelangelo's Gurney Plaza

We meet up with Ina's bestfriend Amy and she insisted to bring us to have Fish Head Curry at Bayan Lepas.
I was like "Oh no, I'm very full"  Of course I'm full because after that Cheese Raviolli at Michelangelo's we had coffee and Skillet Queso at Chilli's. 

Pen Mutiara Restaurant, Bayan Lepas
The interior
Fried calamari and stir fried mix vege
Fish head curry
That was the small portion of Fish head curry


To be honest I felt that my stomach are going to burst that night hahahhahahahaha.  The next morning were another local breakfast hunting for us. This time we discovered Kani Stall at Transfer Street.


Half boiled egg on Toast Station

The unique table arrangement 
Up left : Roti canai with chicken curry. I love this very much. Up right : Half boiled egg on toast.
Roti canai station

We did some shopping at 1st avenue which is next to our hotel on our way back, packed our luggage, took shower and check out.  We stopped for lunch and buy few packs of my favourite flavoured coffee at Lim Wah Thai Local Food Product and headed back to Kuala Lumpur.  That was how I spend my weekend last week.  Hope you had a great one too. 

You May Also Like

0 comments