Kitou Aya (1962-1988)

by - 11:47 AM

I watched a Japanese series recently, 1 Litre of Tears or 1 No Namida. This is based on a true story of a 15 years old girl named Kito Aya who suffered from an incurable disease called spinocerebellar degeneration. The storyline and script was based on Aya's diary. She wrote in her diary every single day to prove that she's still alive and how her illness affecting her daily routine and all people surrounding her. Aya's diary published shortly before her death and sold 9 millions copies worlwide. I hope I will get the chance to read her book. I was so touched by this story. I cried a lot until I couldn't cry anymore!

Aya battled with her illness for 10 suffering years with the support of her family especially her mom. She accepted the fact that slowly she won't be able to walk or hold using her hand and she can't even talk and swallow her food but she live her life to the fullest until the end. Before she was diagnosed with this disease, Aya was an active girl who represents her highschool in basketball & choir, she was a cheerful & helpful.

Aya's story taught me to be strong and never give up. I don't think I can be as strong as her but at least I'm more appreciate the value of life now. There are so much beautiful things that we should do in our life with our family, friends & loves one. Life is too short to be wasted. Life have to be fill with laughter, joy and love.

Live to the fullest!!!!

^hug hug^ witha

You May Also Like

0 comments