Vientiane - Part 2

by - 4:10 PM

After checking in and freshen up a bit, we decided to explore Vientiane right away.  We walked down the street in front of our hotel for 2 minutes and we already reached the main road.



Too bad this museum was closed that day
The Palace

Since it was too early for lunch, we walked to Haw Pha Kaew / Hophakaew Museum, King Setthathirat's former royal temple. The weather was scorching hot and I almost refuse to walk.  Luckily I brought along an umbrella. I'm praising myself for being a genius!! hahahhahahaha.  The entrance fee was 5,000 kip per person. 




The garden



Next stop is the Sisaket Museum (formally known as Wat Si Saket), the oldest temple in Vientiane which is just opposite the road. We had to stop for ice-cream at the roadside stall because of the hot weather.  Entrance fee was 5,000 kip per person.





Decided not to go in as this is an active temple. There were people and monk praying inside.  We just lingered outside, taking few photos, reluctant to go but since there were nothing else to see and to do, we proceed to Talat Sao Mall.


 

Halal food in the food court
Vegetarian Pho

Lao coffee is a must try. Not to my liking though.  Vietnam coffee is still my choice
I made new friend

After a short nap, we headed to Pha That Luang, the national and religious monument of Laos. Entrance fee is 5,000 kip for tourist.  Again we did not go in.  We went only to captured this beautiful building at night. 



Patuxai Victory Monument

The interior design
With our tuk-tuk driver
Mango Salad
Vegetable Soup
Glutinous rice is the main meals for Laotian
and served in this 

I really love this dish. Local salad with fried fish and groundnuts on top







Last Full Day in Vientiane

Breakfast

I had 2 of this homemade yogurt every day.  Came in strawberry and peach too. Super delicious!

Homemade croissant

Scrambled eggs

Lunch

Prawn Pad Thai
Rice with stir fried mushroom
Dinner
Prawn tom yam
I don't even know the name of this fish, but it was sooooo yummy!  The fish was covered with salt and grilled
Stir Fried vegetable

Pumpkin Soup
Salmon Cabonara


One of the halal restaurant in Vientiane

So, that was all about my short trip to Vientiane.  As I wrote in my previous entry, I did not do a proper research and lost an opportunity to visit Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage City which is just 338.9km away from Vientiane. So if you are planning to visit Laos, please include Luang Prabang in your itinerary.

I had a great great time here. Enjoying my day doing nothing except reading, eating and sleeping. A real holiday for me!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You May Also Like

2 comments